Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Favorite Summer Breakfast (or snack!)

Summer is the season of berries! And boy do I relish in making anything I can with them! I love to mix them with everything from pancakes, muffins, jams, or just alone! They make me so very happy, and since I only get to eat them fresh a couple months out of the year (the first strawberry of the year is the best!), I always eat this in the morning or for a light snack! It is simple, keeps you full, is low in calories, high in calcium and just so delicious! The beauty of this dish is not only its simplicity, but you can make so many variations with any berry, add fresh herbs like mint or basil, get a little spicy with some chili powder in place of the cinnamon...the options are endless, but the taste will never let you down!



Yogurt and Fruit
  • 1/2 cup plain organic yogurt
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh organic strawberries (ps..you should ALWAYS buy these organic!)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
That's it. Trust me, sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest!



Enjoy!
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment