Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bruschetta eggs

So, currently, I am in the process of cutting out unnecessary carbs from my diet. Its been hard as I can see that it is so easy to put anything on two slices of bread and call it a meal. So, I have been creating some really good meals that don't require bread (but you can most certainly pair this with a yummy baguette if you like!)
 
This was one of my creations and it was delicious. I've made it the last two mornings..and it literally takes less then 10 minutes to make which is perfect for me since I have so little time in the morning. This keeps you full too! (Serves 2)

4 Eggs (whisked)
1/2 cup parmesan
4 roma tomatoes (diced)
2 garlic cloves
3 tbs basil
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup onion (diced)
red pepper flakes 
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil cooking spray

 Mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, red pepper flakes and onion in a bowl and salt and pepper to taste. Place in fridge until ready to use. (I suggest making a large batch of this as it goes great on anything from eggs to chicken to tofu!)

Heat a frying pan that has been sprayed with olive oil until hot. Pour eggs into pan and cook until still moist and cooked through. Sprinkle with Parmesan and continue to cook for about 30 seconds more until cheese melts.

Top with bruschetta mixture and enjoy! So good, light, and low in calories.

Enjoy!
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment