Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To drive, or not to drive...who cares!

So, I finally found them! They wrap my fingers so gracefully and look a-m-a-z-i-n-g. These Italian beauties are perfect for the cold, to drive, or just to look stylish. I am talking about the driving glove, and I am obsessed! I wanted a bright red pair so bad that I went all around Chicago trying to find the perfect pair. You would be surprised the amount of research that goes into finding the perfect gloves. I had my last pair for over 10 years before one of them went on a solo adventure somewhere between Jackson Avenue and Lake. I was so sad. They were the perfect gloves. I saw them in a Banana Republic window, and fell in love. Instantly. They looked like Missoni, but without the price tag; so I was heartbroken when I discovered that I lost one.

But alas, life does go on, and so I went on a quest for the perfect second pair. There are so many out there, and honestly, you need several because they have to go with the feeling of your outfit. If you are feeling cozy, leather may not be the option for you, as cashmere may not be suitable for a dressy jacket and party dress. So I found some perfect gloves for the season, starting with my new obsession: Driving Gloves.

These gloves are so European and remind me of heroines driving down the coast with scarves around their heads adorning beautiful driving gloves that wrap around the steering wheel of a convertible sports car. They just scream chic and sophisticated. 

These are the red beauties I picked up yesterday (and some other great styles). Totally worth the soggy shoes and rain drenched hair! Remember, leather gloves that are hand made will fit differently even if they are the same size, so make sure you try all of them on to get the perfect fit!



Sermoneta; $89

Aqua; $48

Burberry; $250

Ralph Lauren; $58

Saks; 78

modcloth.com; $50

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment